How to find IP address of printer
To find the IP address of your printer, you can follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type "control printers" in the Run box and hit Enter. This will open the Printers & Scanners window.
- Find your printer in the list of installed printers and right-click on it.
- Select "Properties" from the drop-down menu.
- In the Properties window, navigate to the "Ports" tab.
- Look for the port that has a checkmark next to it, indicating that it's currently in use by the printer.
- The IP address of the printer should be listed next to the port name.
Alternatively, you can also print a Network Configuration page or a self-test page from your printer's control panel. These pages usually contain information about the printer's network settings, including its IP address. Refer to your printer's user guide for instructions on how to print these pages.
How to install printer driver
The steps to install a printer driver may vary depending on the make and model of the printer and your operating system. However, here are some general steps you can follow:
- Visit the website of the printer manufacturer and download the latest driver for your printer model.
- Once the driver is downloaded, double-click the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Follow the prompts in the installation wizard to complete the installation process.
- If the installer prompts you to connect your printer to your computer, do so.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer.
- Test your printer by printing a test page or a document.
If you encounter any issues during the installation process, refer to the printer manufacturer's documentation or contact their customer support for assistance.